The 2021–2023 immigration levels plan highlighted additional points for French-speaking Express Entry candidates,
promoting the growth of Franco communities outside Quebec. #NationalFrancophoneImmigrationWeek
is a chance to celebrate the impacts of Franco minority communities.
benefits, opportunities, and services in French-speaking communities outside Quebec:
French is one of Canada’s 2 official languages. While most French-speaking Canadians live in Quebec, many live in other provinces or territories across Canada.
The size of Francophone communities (link opens in French only) in cities and towns outside Quebec varies. The working language in these communities is usually English.
There are many reasons to choose to live in a Francophone community outside Quebec. You and your family will be able to:
- benefit from French and English job opportunities
- speak both French and English in your everyday life
- learn or improve your English skills
- permanent residents can take free language courses
- attend French-language schools
- enjoy community, health-care or daycare services in French
- get support from your community to help you settle, and feel at home right from the start