At Lead International Visa Consultants (Pvt) Ltd, we understand that your privacy is important to you and we are committed to complying with the Privacy Act and the Sri Lankan Privacy Principles in relation to all Personal Information and Sensitive Information that we collect from you. This policy describes our Privacy and Information handling practices.
Personal Information means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Sensitive Information includes information or an opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a professional or trade association or criminal record that is also personal information, or health information about an individual, or bio metric information used for the purpose of automated bio metric verification or identification, or bio metric templates.
Definitions of other specific terms referred to in this Policy can be found under the heading ‘Glossary’ at the end of this document.
This Policy outlines the following:
- The types of Personal Information that we collect and hold.
- How we collect Personal Information.
- The purposes for which the information is collected.
- The way in which we use and disclose Personal Information.
- The steps we take to protect and secure the Personal Information we hold.
- How individuals can access and correct their Personal Information held by us.
- Mechanisms for complaint if you are unhappy about how we have dealt with or are dealing with your Personal Information.
1. The types of Personal Information that we collect and hold
In the normal course of business activities we will collect Personal Information from you and this may include collecting some Sensitive Information.
The following are the types of your Personal Information and Sensitive Information that we may collect and hold:
In dealings with Lead International Visa Consultants (Pvt) Ltd
- We collect personal details such as name, postal and email addresses, date of birth, contact details, residency status, education qualifications, employment history, tax file numbers, passport, information required for visa application and lodgement (including financial and medical information), occupation and professional memberships of individuals:
- who inquire about study opportunities or who are applying to undertake a course of study at an overseas education institution;
- who engage our visa application services to apply for visas (including student visa, post-study work visa, Visit visa and skilled migration visa applications);
- who formally advise/register their interest in being engaged as consultants, or individuals who have been, or are currently, engaged as consultants on projects/programs managed by Lead International Visa Consultants (Pvt) Ltd (or Lead International Visa Consultants (Pvt) Ltd together with other organisations);
- who register their names with a service offered by Lead International Visa Consultants (Pvt) Ltd (e.g. the Graduate Recruitment Service); and
- who register to participate in an event organised, managed or presented by Lead International Visa Consultants (Pvt) Ltd , whether in its own right, or under contract for another organisation.
This may include copies of documents provided to us as proof of identity – e.g. copies of passport, proof of citizenship or photographs. It may also include Sensitive Information about individuals such as racial or ethnic origin (from information on your country of origin), and/or your health or medical information (e.g. from a medical examination required for your visa application for a visa).
- If you subscribe to our website (www.leadintlk.com) or register your free online assessment with Lead International Visa Consultants (Pvt) Ltd, we will collect Personal Information such as your name, postal and email address, date of birth, contact details, country of residence, preferred study destination, occupation, and Sensitive Information such as professional memberships.
- In registering for an event or conference, you may provide Personal Information or Sensitive Information to us for the purpose of attending the event or conference. We use that information for that purpose and may provide information to you regarding our other services.
2. How we collect Personal Information
We will only collect Personal Information by lawful and fair means. Personal Information may be collected directly from you or your authorised representative, or may be collected from a third party such as a licensee or representative authorised by us to provide services to you. You may supply your Personal Information to us when communicating with us via social networks and other online channels, e.g. through your Facebook identity.
We do not collect Personal and Sensitive information unless the information is reasonably necessary for our business functions or activities. We will obtain your consent before collecting any Sensitive Information.
When you deal with us, you will need to identify yourself in order for us to provide our services to you, as such we do not accept the use of pseudonyms.
3. The purposes for which the information is collected
We collect, hold and use your Personal Information so that we can provide our services to you.
Services in our student placement business include for example recruitment, counselling, student placement, visa assistance, English language testing and training, student exhibitions and seminars.
Collection of your Personal Information allows us to:
- assist you to pursue the opportunity to undertake studies in an education institution within World wide;
- assist you in your application for a student visa including contacting the Department of Immigration and Border Protection and other organisations on your behalf to discuss your application;
- assist you to further your career after completing your studies at an overseas education institution;
- provide opportunities to participate in projects/programs as consultants;
- inform and provide students, institutions and other clients of developments in the services we provide (including events and opportunities to participate in projects/programs);
- conduct research for statistical, analytical and training purposes;
- manage our internal business operations and events; and
- respond to your questions.
Services in our IELTS Testing business include administration of IELTS test and assistance with visa applications.
Collection of your Personal Information allows us to:
- share the relevant information from your IELTS application or test with educational institutions, IELTS test centres, governments (including visa processing authorities), or professional bodies and commercial organisations that recognise IELTS scores;
- forward any enquiries you have to another of the IELTS Owners (The British Council and Cambridge) in accordance with your expressed preference (e.g. when you make a general enquiry about sitting an IELTS test);
- share any relevant information from your IELTS application or test with the other joint owners of the IELTS test (The British Council and Cambridge), for purposes such as administering the IELTS test, reviewing IELTS test results for statistical and fraud detection purposes, or accommodating changes in your preference as to test centre location;
- share the relevant information from your IELTS application or test to regulatory authorities for verification purposes, to protect the IELTS test and its stakeholders or where legally required;
- inform you of and provide you with information on the services we provide (including events and opportunities to participate in projects/programs);
- use your information in an anonymous form, for informational, research, statistical and training purposes for the development of Cambridge English Language Assessment examinations;
- manage our internal business operations; and
- respond to your questions.
Visa application services for Overseas visas
We provide visa application services for Overseas visas including guiding you through the application process and helping you prepare the necessary documents for your nominated visa application. These visa application services not only cover visa applications required for study, but also post-study work, visit visa and skilled migration visa applications.
Collection of your Personal Information and Sensitive Information (such as information from your medical examination) allows us to:
- provide the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) with all relevant information required for your visa application;
- contact the DIBP or other organisations on your behalf to discuss or ask questions about your visa application; and
- keep you updated with the progress of your visa application and advise you of the outcome of your application.
4. The way in which we use and disclose Personal Information
We will use or disclose your Personal Information only for the purposes for which it was collected. We will use or disclose your information for a secondary purpose only if you have consented or if you would reasonably expect us to do so or as required by law.
We may use your Personal Information for the purposes of our own direct marketing, however we will ensure you have an ability to opt out of future such communications.
5. The steps we take to protect and keep secure the Personal Information we hold
We take reasonable steps to protect the Personal Information we hold against interference, loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, and other misuse.
The steps we take include:
- maintenance of computer technology, people and process based security measures for example firewalls, network security configurations, use of passwords and other appropriate measures where information is held in electronic form;
- regular updates to security systems and configurations to protect our systems from malicious activity;
- restriction of access to data to only those staff that need access to carry out our business activities;
- training and ensuring that all our employees are required, as a condition of employment, to treat Personal Information held by us as confidential.
However, you should be aware that if you submit information to us electronically the internet is not a secure environment. We take reasonable steps to provide a secure channel for receiving information but cannot absolutely protect Personal Information before it reaches us.
When the Personal Information that we collect is no longer required, we will destroy, delete it in a secure manner, or ensure that the information is de-identified in accordance with our information destruction and de-identification policy, unless we are required by law to retain a copy of the Personal Information or the information is contained in a Commonwealth record.
6. How individuals can access and correct their Personal Information held by us
You have the right to seek access to any of your Personal Information held by us unless there is a valid reason under the Privacy Act for us to withhold the information.
Valid reasons include:
- We have reason to suspect that unlawful activity or misconduct of a serious nature has been engaged in and giving access would be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the matter; or
- Giving access would reveal evaluative information generated within us in connection with a commercially sensitive process.
If your personal details change, or you believe the information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or out-of-date, please contact us so that we can correct our records.
Requests for access or correction to Personal Information should be made under the Privacy Act and addressed to The Lead International Visa Consultants (Pvt) Ltd Privacy Officer. All requests for access or correction to Personal Information will be responded to in writing within a reasonable period of time. As part of this process we will verify the identity of the individual requesting the information prior to providing access or making any changes. If access or correction to your Personal Information is refused we will provide reasons for our refusal.
7. Mechanisms for complaint if you are unhappy about how we have dealt with or are dealing with your Personal Information
We have procedures in place to deal with your inquiries or complaints.
If you have any questions about our policy or any complaint regarding the treatment of your privacy by us, please contact us at the respective addresses below.
Complaints to Lead International Visa Consultants (Pvt) Ltd
The Privacy Officer
Lead International Visa Consultants (Pvt) Ltd
183, Galle Road, Dehiwala.
We will endeavour to respond to you within a reasonable time. If you are still not satisfied with the way your complaint is handled by us, you are entitled to have your complaint reviewed under the Privacy Act.
Updates to this Policy
We reserve the right to amend this Policy from time to time. Any revisions to the Policy will be posted on this website.
We use Google Analytics to measure and analyse its internet usage to ensure the site meets Lead International Visa Consultants (Pvt) Ltd’s business objectives with advertisers and users. Individual privacy is protected but we gain insights on how to make the site more useful for advertisers as well as our users.
Data collected from this analysis include:
- the number of page views (or page impressions) that occur on our sites;
- the number of unique visitors;
- how long these unique visitors (on average) spend on our sites;
- common entry and exit points to our sites;
- files downloaded from the site; and
- forms filled in on the site.
If you wish to disable the cookies on this website you will need to follow the steps required for your preferred browser (e.g. In Internet Explorer 10 and 11 this can be found in the Privacy tab under Internet Options).